CommentAdd your comment...

6 answers

I finally got the feedback from Kapersky:

Hello,

Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed.
      Thank you for your help.
      Best regards, Denis Sitchikhin, Malware Analyst

39A/3 Leningradskoe Shosse, Moscow, 125212, Russia Tel./Fax: + 7 (495) 797 8700

Well, just a humble opinion here. The problem is the false alarm. Not sure why you have to waste your time nor delete the file. They (Kasperesky) are just providing a bad product, and your feedback is just reinforcing his bad behavior. I mean, if Kasperesky or any other brand flags all exe files exceptet word.exe and or excel.exe, they have created the perfect antivirus product.

I have just upload an exe I created with visual studio, and also complains. Flaging any exe as suspicius is just like the hysterical google/microsoft login warings when you are providing mandatory lenght/casing passwords.

I know is the mainstream, but let me complain :S

The answer here is discard Kasperesky, banned in US goverment, and trust in an updated windows 10 version with his more than reasonable secure system.

Srry for the off topic here.

have a nice day!

Miguel

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

I'll delete the exe and wait for you to post the analysis results from Kasperky (if any).

Best regards,

Heike Witt

Heike,

to be on the safe side you can delete the file, it is not required for the daily work with OpenTM2

Regards,

Gerhard

It is most likely a false alarm based on some byte pattern in the OTMSetToolsPathEnv.EXE.

A check of this file on VirusTotal.com showed that only Kapersky and ZoneAlarm are detecting a virus. The other 38 antivirus tools found nothing.

I have send the file to Kapersky for a detailed analysis but got no feedback so far.

Hi Heike

Well, I seriously doubt OTMSettolspathenv.exe is a trojan. So, I would assume that your file is infected or is a false alarm.

I would strongly recomend you to investigate if your system has been infected.  I never have heard any thing like that in any version of OpenTM/Translation Manager.

Have a nice day!

Miguel Canals