- Official community plug-ins
- They are approved by the OpenTM2 Steering Committee
- They get merged into the official community repository.
- They become part of the installer.
- Approved community plug-ins
- They are approved by the OpenTM2 Steering Committee.
- These plug-ins are listed at the OpenTM2 plug-in site as approved plug-ins and can be downloaded from there.
- They are not part of the installer, nor of the official community repository.
- Unofficial community plug-ins
- Every plug-in author can list his plug-in at the OpenTM2 plug-in site
- These plug-ins are marked as unofficial.
- It is outlined very clearly, that the responsibility of the plug-in is only at the plug-in author and every user should check for himself, if the plug-in works and does not produce any unwanted results.