|Target release||OTMSharedMemoryInstaller 1.0|
|Epic||Link to related JIRA epic or feature|
- In OpenTM2 1.3.0 Shared Memory components are integrated. These components need Third Party Open Source components. The goal of this project is, to provide a documentation how this can be set up and - best - also an installer, that does the set up for the user.
Background and strategic fit
It should be most easy to install Shared Memory for the community.
- User will need a server to use this.
|1||Documentation||Documenting how to do this on community.opentm2.org||Must Have|| |
An installer for the shared memory could do the installation for the user.
The important parts are, that some open source licenses do not allow to bundle the software with others.
So the installer needs to take care of this by providing dialogues, that ask the user
- if he wants to install the needed component
- if he wants to accept the license of the component
- and then asks the user to start the process of installing the component by clicking "install"
- Afterwards the installer downloads and installs the component - then this is no bundling, but the user installing an open source component.
|Nice to Have|| |
User interaction and design
Not provided so far / not needed at this point.
Below is a list of questions to be addressed as a result of this requirements document:
|(e.g. How we make users more aware of this feature?)||Communicate the decision reached|
- List the features discussed which are out of scope or might be revisited in a later release.