Hi,

after installing OpenTM2 1.4.1.2 Community Edition and starting it for the first time I received the error message: Plugin Manager - Failed to download file from HTTP. Starting the computer for a second time didn't help.

What can I do? Thanks.

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi Miguel,

thanks for sharing your experience. I have tested the connection as well and it was successful. So I will ignore the error message.

Kind regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

Indeed I confirm that the first time I install it, this dialog came up. What is strange is that after closing an opening agin OpenTM2 I did not get the error dialog anymore as you see.

The plugin manager as far as I know is the mechanism to uptdate OpenTM2, so I am pretty sure you can ignore it for now. In the past this message was coming up very often I suspect because there were some connection issues, but not sure now. On the other hand I would be gladdly suprised if anythings needs to be uptadted! Usally I prefer to update in the old fashion (downloading manually and installing manually) so not very familiar with this feature.

Go to Utiliities -> PluginManager, the the Settings tab and select "Test  Connection". In my case I do get a "Test connection Succesffully".

Not sure if this can make any difference. Again, the problem you have is related to the update feature, it should not stop you using OpenTM2.

Maybe someone else can help you.

Have a nice day

miguel canals